What is PLASMA LIFT Skin Tightening - FIBROBLAST?
Plasma lift has gained a reputation as the best non surgical procedure in the beauty and cosmetic industry for skin tightening. Plasma skin treatments are non-surgical, and can be used for eye lift, loose tummy skin tightening, skin tag removal, mole removal, sun and age spot removal, acne scar damage, smokers lines on the upper and lower lips, diminish stretch marks. Tightening of the loose skin on the neck and cheeks, crows feet, and reduction of fine lines. Plasma is the fourth state of matter. It is gas that has been energized to the point that some of the electrons break free, but travel within their nucleus.
How does PLASMA work and is it safe?
The Fibroblasts are the collagen producing cells in the skin. Fibroblast treatment is performed with a device called a Plasma Pen which looks similar to a pen that is used to produce plasma waves. The waves are directed as tiny light spots along the wrinkle lines. The tip of the pen never touches the skin (and the needle like attachment is disposable and one time use).
The pen is held above the skin and a tiny plasma arc connects the tip of the device to the surface of the dermis. Using plasma waves, the old collagen is removed by Sublimation (Evaporation), and fibroblasts are stimulated to produce new collagen. The targeted skin contracts and is essentially eliminated without any cutting, which results in the tightening and shrinking of the targeted skin.
This advanced procedure helps to revive natural levels of Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid and Fibronectin needed for fresh youthful skin. A series of tiny brown spots are strategically placed to attain the desired result. The skin around the dot tightens instantly, pulling the cells closer together. No over tightening will occur. The evaporated old collagen is seen as tiny brown scabs on the treated area.
The tiny "microdot", brown scabs or protective or carbon crusts on the surface will fall off on their own in approx. 3-7 days. It is very safe, low-risk, and highly effective. As with most cosmetic treatments, a consultation with an experienced, trained practitioner prior to service, as well as a strict aftercare routine, is required to promote proper healing and to help you achieve the maximum results.
What can PLASMA treat?
Loose skin, fine lines and imperfections on the face and body using non-surgical PLASMA skin treatments will improve without any actual cutting of the skin.
* Sagging or Loose Skin
* Eyelid Reconstruction/Lift
* Face/Neck Lift
* Lines and Wrinkles
* Skin Tag Removal
* Age/Sun Spot Removal
* Mole Removal (Dr note required)
* Smokers Lines Removal
* Crows Feet Removal
* Tattoo Removal
* Hooded Eyes
* Marionette Lines
* Neck/Jaw Lift
* Skin Rejuvination
* Sagging Skin
* Acne scars
* Surgical Scars
* Skin Pigmentation Issues
* PMU Removal
How fast will I see results with PLASMA?
Results are immediate, however, as the deepest layers of the skin continue to heal over a 6-8 week period, results will improve over time, with most clients starting to see their best results around 4 weeks post-treatment.
How many PLASMA treatments will I need?
It varies per client. Most clients only require an average of 1-3 treatments depending on how much skin needs tightening and how well the client's skin responds to the treatment. Deep wrinkles and expression lines usually require touch-ups. Most clients will see fairly significant results after the first treatment, and if additional treatments are required, they can be done after 8 weeks.
What to expect from PLASMA and recovery?
Fibroblast treatment is referred to as "soft surgery" because it delivers similar results as cosmetic surgery without the risk, cost or recovery time. It is non-invasive and pain is minimal. A numbing agent is applied for the client's comfort, and the entire procedure lasts approximately 30-60 minutes, depending on the area to be treated.
As the plasma flash comes into contact with the skin, it leaves a tiny dot on the skin's surface, referred to as "carbon crusts". They are quite small and will usually fall off within 3-7 days after the treatment, revealing new pink skin beneath. Most clients will notice some swelling and tenderness for about 3-5 days post-treatment, particularly around the eyelids as they are most sensitive.
After that period, most clients will notice that the majority of the swelling has gone down, however, the deepest layers of the skin will still be healing for up to 8 weeks while collagen and elastin fibres are replenishing.
How long will the PLASMA effects last?
Plasma Skin Tightening is often called "Soft Surgery" because it removes excess skin without surgical invasion. Like all surgical and cosmetic procedures the effect of plasma treatments are not entirely permanent as it does not stop future aging. However, the positives results can last for years, depending on the area, client, and quality of aftercare. Clients will be provided with aftercare instructions on factors that will affect the longevity of their treatment, such as sun exposure, alcohol consumption, and smoking. As with most cosmetic and/or surgical procedures, Fibroblast treatments may require followup appointments and treatments.
Are Facial Expressions affected by PLASMA Lift?
Unlike Botox, which paralyses the underlying muscle to remove the face wrinkles and expression lines, Plasma Lift will keep your facial expressions normal, which adds to the beauty of the results. There is no risk of over tightening and over correction, which may happen with other surgical procedures.
Are you a good candidate for PLASMA lift?
We do not recommend the PLASMA procedure if you;
• Are pregnant or nursing
• Have a pace-maker
• Are having a current outbreak of the Herpes Simplex Virus (oral cold sores)
• Are on a current chemo treatment plan
• Are taking warfarin or any other blood thinner
• Are a diabetic or have a healing disorder (we may ask for a doctor's clearance)
• Have any issues with lymphatic drainage (lymph collects under the skin in pockets, usually beneath the eyes)
• Have any auto-immune disease (we may ask for a doctor's clearance
• Have viral infections and/or diseases, are sick, or are on antibiotics
• Suffer from epilepsy
• Have had an organ transplant
• Have skin irritations or psoriasis near the treatment area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
• Have any residual tan or sunburn - treatment will be postpones until there is no sign of sun damage
• Are prone to keloid scars (raised, red scars)
• Have had Botox in the past 3 weeks
• Have used Accutane/Retin-A in the past year
• Have had eyelash extensions - these must be removed prior to any work near the eyes
• Are under the age of 18 (clients may be asked to provide proof of age)
• Please Note: Valtex must be taken 3 days prior to the treatment and for 4 days afterwards for lip area.
Interested in Treatment What's Next?
A Consultation is required before an appointment can be booked. The consultation will determine if you are suitable for this treatment, and to answer any questions you may have. If you decide to book a treatment a non-refundable 50% deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your appointment. The deposit will be deducted from your final amount the day of your procedure. This deposit is transferable to reschedule your appointment as long as a minimum of 48 hours notice is given. It is not transferable to another person. If you choose to cancel your appointment and not rebook, or cancel within the 48 hour cancellation window, the deposit is forfeited.
How to Prepare for this Treatment?
• No make-up to be worn and skin to be clean in the area to be treated
• For eye treatments no make-up and no false lashes or no eye extensions can be worn.
• No Alcohol or Caffeine 24 hours prior to treatment.
• Do not apply products, creams , or ointment containing Alcohol before or after treatment. If you are unsure, it is best to apply nothing at all.
• It is recommended to take an anti-histamine approx 30 minutes prior to your appointment to help with swelling and may be required to continue 2-3 days following your appointment at the recommended dosage.(especially for eye treatments).
• After your treatment you will be given thorough written and verbal aftercare instructions to ensure that the best results are achieved. • In the week following treatment (or until the treatment area has fully healed):
• Do Not use an exfoliating wash or cleanser. Only you the Formulage Gel Cleanser.
• Make sure all clothing around treatment area is comfortable and loose. Any tight clothing in procedure area can cause irritation.
• No Hair Removal, Tanning, or Tinting 3 days before.
• When the scabs are still in tact;
• Try and avoid all sun exposure!
• Gently clean area only with Saline Solution.
• Apply only Fougera (Vit A&D) to effected area.
• The scabs may become darker, which is a normal healing process.
• Allow the brown scabs to fall off on their own (Do not touch, scratch, pick, or rub them, as this may cause scarring).
• Do not use any make-up on the treated area.
• Do not cover the scabs with band-aids/plasters.
• Do not wet or soak the scabs (do not workout, swim, sauna or use hot tubs).
• Do keep area covered and avoid any sun exposure/tanning beds. Sunscreen can not be used until the scabs have fallen off, to prevent scarring and hypo or hyper-pigmentation.
• After the scabs fall off and for up to 4-6 weeks;
• Do not use your old make-up or old sponge on the treated area.
• Do not use any product on the treated area unless you consult your therapist. Formulage Night Cream and Day Cream is Highly recommended.
• Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds.
• Always use SPF30 or higher sun screen as the UV rays can damage the treated area and cause hypo or hyper-pigmentation especially in the first 3 months.
• It can take 4-6 weeks for complete healing of the treated area. After that, a touch-up may be required.